Based in New York, New York
Press / Business contact:
Really Bad Chess
Sonic Wire Sculptor
Pick your words wisely! As you work, more tiles rise from the bottom of the screen, and it'll take all of your lexicological wits, and tactical know-how to keep them down. If any of the letters make it to the top row, it's game over.
SIX AMAZING MODES
- TOWER MODE : No pressure here. Try and get the highest score possible out of 140 tiles, eliminating small words to set up 7- and 8-letter blockbusters!
- PUZZLE MODE : Every word you make adds a new row of letters! Strategic word finding at its best.
- EXTREME PUZZLE MODE : Puzzle mode with the minimum word length cranked up. Experts only!
- ZEN MODE : Puzzle mode without any length requirements.
- RUSH MODE : Rows of letters build up over time. Find words as fast as you can, but be careful you don't back yourself into a corner!
- DEBATE MODE : Feeling good? Challenge your friends in this intense online multiplayer mode.
- [Bonus!] SUPER TOWER MODE : (iPad Pro only) Try and get the highest score possible out of 432 tiles, eliminating small words to set up 7- and 8-letter blockbusters!
GAME CENTER leader boards and achievements, for each mode, and highest scoring word!
Feb 9th Update Info
- Brand new dictionary licensed from Merriam-Webster
- New Zen mode! Puzzle mode without those pesky length requirements
- Multiplayer is BACK and better than ever (now you can play over the internet, not just locally)
- 12" iPad Pro and iPhone 6 / 6+ support!
- Super Tower mode for iPad Pro 12"
- Updated visual design
- Option to disable pulsating warning bars
- Completely rewritten from the ground up with loads of bug fixes
Thank you for continuing to enjoy SpellTower over all these years!
Released as a free browser based game (Flash), SpellTower Minutes offers time-based “blitz-style” variants for word game fans around the globe looking for that perfect break from their day. Play for free at SpellTowerMinutes.com
HistorySpellTower is my original best selling mobile word game. It has been downloaded over a million times, and more than a billion words have been made by players.
Zach Gage is a game designer, programmer, educator, and conceptual artist from New York City. His work often explores the power of systems, both those created by social interaction in digital spaces, and those that can be created for others, through the framing of games. An Eyebeam Alumni, Apple Design and Game of The Year Award Winner, and BAFTA Nominee, he has exhibited internationally at venues like the Venice Biennale, the New York MoMA, The Japanese American National Museum in Los Angeles, XOXO Festival in Portland, FutureEverything in Manchester, The Centre for Contemporary Art Ujazdowski Castle in Warsaw, and in Apple stores worldwide. His work has been featured in several online and printed publications, including The New York Times, Art In America, The New York Times Magazine, EDGE Magazine, Rhizome.org, Neural Magazine, New York Magazine, and Das Spiel und seine Grenzen (Springer Press). In games, he is best known for SpellTower, Ridiculous Fishing, and Lose/Lose.
There are far more images available for SpellTower, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Puzzle Game 2011" - Touch Arcade
- "Best Word Game 2011" - 148 Apps